I Usually make this with beef, but I have not had a chance to get to the grocery store in France that I get a good price on beef fillet. My local grocery store here in Switzerland, has put the price of beef fillet up again, so this time it was just too expensive to serve with beef although it is very good. This was my first time trying this with chicken and it went really well and I will make it this way again to save money. It is very easy to make and takes no time at all; on the table in about 30-35 Min's.
- 4 chicken breasts or 800 g piece filet of beef
- 1⁄3 cup Honeycup mustard (It is the best but if you can not get this 1 tablespoon Dijon to 2 Tablespoons honey will give you s)
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 30 g butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped roasted macadamias
- 3⁄4 cup peas
- If Making with Beef.
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Place beef in roasting pan, brush all over with about half the mustard.
- Roast about 30-35 Min's or until cooked as desired, allow to rest before carving.
- With Chicken.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan brush both sides of breasts with about half the mustard.
- Cook until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Macadamia Rice.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, cook onion, garlic and seeds, stirring, until onion softens.
- Add rice, cook, stirring 1 Minute.
- Add stock and water, bring to the boil, reduce heat, simmer covered, about 25 Min's or until rice is just tender, stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add peas cook until soft and warm, remove from heat and stir in nuts and parsley.
- Heat remaining mustard with cream in a saucepan.
- To Serve: Place rice on plate and top with chicken, drizzle with sauce.