Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in a Cookshelf: Chicken cookbook, and tried it, because my hubby loves honey mustard so much. It was a hit! The sauce it actually for 8 pieces of chicken, but we liked extra drizzled on top of the chicken after it came out, so it worked out better for 4 pieces. So if you don't want extra sauce on it in the end, go for 8 pieces of chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken, breasts- (or 8 with less sauce)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons mustard
- 4 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Place chicken on a baking sheet-nonstick, as it is really messy and sticky on the pan after baking!
- Place all ingredients except poppy seeds into bowl and blend together thoroughly.
- If you wanted extra sauce, divide sauce in half and set aside, while using only one container of sauce for prebaked chicken.
- Brush mixture over top side of chicken only.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Use tongs to turn chicken over and brush with sauce mixture. (If using poppy seeds, sprinkle on top of chicken.) Return chicken to oven for about 12-15 more minutes.
- Arrange chicken on serving dish and pour extra sauce from cooking and any extra set aside for after baking onto the chicken.
- Eat and enjoy!
This is very tasty! We liked that it wasn't a heavy strong honey mustard sauce, it had a more mild flavor to it. I had 5 very large boneless/skinless breasts and for us the amount of sauce was just right. I used it all in the baking. I did have to cook mine longer, 25 minutes on the first side and 20 on the other but I think that is because of the sized of the breasts. I will make this again. Made for PAC Spring 2010.