Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Another good breakfast or snack muffin
Top Review by Anissa Wolf
These were excellent--the batter comes together quickly and easily, with enough body that it doesn't drip when filling the muffin cups. The muffins baked up dark due to the honey, but were not at all either burned or dry (which usually happens to me with honey muffins). I used lavender honey and omitted the nutmeg and it was divine--but I anticipate enjoying them with a more basic honey & the spice as well. Very filling and rich, and wonderful with tea for breakfast! THANK YOU!!!
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, add the first 6 ingredients; stir to combine.
- In another bowl, add the honey, milk, butter, and egg; whisk to combine and until mixture is smooth.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Fold in just until moistened (do not overmix).
- Pour batter into 12 muffin tins that have been lightly buttered or sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 400° for about 20 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack before turning out of pan.