Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another good breakfast or snack muffin
Make and share this Honey Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- In a large mixing bowl, add the first 6 ingredients; stir to combine.
- In another bowl, add the honey, milk, butter, and egg; whisk to combine and until mixture is smooth.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Fold in just until moistened (do not overmix).
- Pour batter into 12 muffin tins that have been lightly buttered or sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 400° for about 20 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack before turning out of pan.
These were excellent--the batter comes together quickly and easily, with enough body that it doesn't drip when filling the muffin cups. The muffins baked up dark due to the honey, but were not at all either burned or dry (which usually happens to me with honey muffins). I used lavender honey and omitted the nutmeg and it was divine--but I anticipate enjoying them with a more basic honey & the spice as well. Very filling and rich, and wonderful with tea for breakfast! THANK YOU!!!
Very easy to make, a little dry for my taste. I was making them late at night, and may have over baked or mis-measured.
A very good..very healthy muffin I loved that I had everything needed.. I wanted to make some muffins to take to after church coffee tomorrow but I had no fruit.. these were/are perfect.. I got 12 beautiful BIG muffins only have 10 left..had to do a taste test 1st... WONDERFUL!!!! oh & I even forgot the sugar... so the 1st batch I'll lable no sugar..just honey I'm of to make another batch..maybe a double batch and print out a few recipies as I know I'll be asked for it thank you for sharing the recipe it is one I'll make often