Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These sound plain, but they are very tasty.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Combine milk, honey, egg, and butter.
- Add to sifted flour mixture.
- Stir quickly, just to moisten ingredients.
- Fill greased muffin pans 1/2 full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
I expected these muffins to be sweet and tasty on their own(which perhaps I shouldn't have done)- they tasted plain, not sweet at all, with a very subtle hint of honey flavour. These muffins were best eaten, split,served with butter and honey. They did smell nice as they were baking, my batch only yielded 10 average sized muffins. The muffin texture was fine. I would make these again, but I would tweak the recipe - adding a few more tablespoons of honey/sugar to sweeten it. An addition of sultanas could also be considered.