Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried this one yet, but it sounds good.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- in another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, butter and honey.
- stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
These are delicious. I used splenda in place of sugar, and a generous 1/4 c. honey. They freeze well. Great recipe, one of my co-workers loves them and requests them when we have an event at the office. Thanks, Redneck Princess.
very good, easy and healthy too. This recipe was so easy to follow; all ingredients were already in the house and the taste was very nice. Not overly sweet so in my opinion these are an excellent breakfast muffin to go with a cup of coffee or tea. Used all organic ingredients; subbed 1c of the flour with whole wheat, used regular for the other cup, used turbinado sugar to avoid anything refined, and 2 per cent milk. warm out of the oven with a little butter on them they were great; but even better after they cooled. My 3 yr old daughter loved them and we will make them again perhaps adding some ground flax meal to boost the fiber, and some carob chips. This recipe seems as if you could really add some extras in there if it is too plain for your taste; definitly a good recipe. thanks for sharing.