96 hrs 40 mins
These wonderful soft cut-out cookies are a recipe of my grandmothers - she used to stir these sticky, THICK, beauties by hand!! In fact, she was hesitant to share the recipe because of how much work they are to roll out! ;) The dough needs to be REALLY cold for ease of rolling, otherwise they'll stick to EVERYTHING!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening and sugar, then add eggs.
- 2Add honey, molasses, & hot water mixed with soda (prior to adding to mixture).
- 3Add cinnamon, cloves, salt, and flour.
- 4Dough will be REALLY sticky - chill dough at LEAST 24 hours (4 days is recommended).
- 5Roll on well-floured surfaced to about 1/4" thickness and cut. Sprinkle with sugar before baking.
- 6Bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes - they will puff up while baking.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Molasses Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 84.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g