- 1 roasting chicken, about 5 pounds
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons mint jelly
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place chicken in a large roasting pan,breast side up.
- Sprinkle cavity and skin with salt,pepper and paprika.
- Roast 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan mix honey,lemon juice butter,mint jelly and lemon peel.
- Heat,stirring until butter and jelly are melted.
- Brush chicken with honey mint glaze.
- Roast 20 minutes longer until chicken is tender.