Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 6 medium peeled carrots, cut into 1/4 inch diagonal slices (about 3 cs.)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- In large pan, heat 1 inch of water to boiling.
- Add carrots and bring water back to boil.
- Immediately reduce heat, cover pan and simmer about 10 minutes, or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Drain well and transfer to serving bowl.
- Drizzle honey on top and sprinkle mint leaves over all.
- Toss gently to mix well and serve immediately.
This is a simple and delicious side dish! I used 1/2 lb. of baby carrots and fresh mint leaves, and it was enjoyed by my entire family, even my father who isn't crazy about veggies. This is a keeper!
Exactly the kind of vegetable dish I love! Simple, fresh, doesn't overpower the taste of the carrots. Fat free, too! I made this several times already, since we both enjoy it and it's a great use for the mint I'm growing in a pot on my balcony.
YUM! These were light and refreshing! I loved them :O) I may use a tiny bit less mint next time but these are great! Thanks for posting!