From the National Honey Board, “Honey Feast” newsletter. Includes recipe for Mango Lime Buttercream Frosting to top these tropical cupcakes off to perfection! NOTE: Any mild-flavored honey such as Clover honey may be used instead of wildflower honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
INGREDIENTS FOR CUPCAKES
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup ripe mango, pureed
- zest and juice of one lime (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup wildflower honey (see note)
- 2 large eggs
INGREDIENTS FOR FROSTING
- 1FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F
- 3Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt; set aside.
- 4In a small bowl, combine mango purée, lime zest and juice, and buttermilk; set aside.
- 5In a mixing bowl, cream butter until fluffy. Add honey; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time.
- 6Add half of the reserved dry ingredients to the butter mixture; mix on low until just combined.
- 7With mixer running on low, slowly add the mango mixture.
- 8Add remaining dry ingredients until just combined.
- 9Fill paper-lined muffin tins 2/3 full.
- 10Bake 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean.
- 11Remove to wire rack; cool.
- 12Frost with Mango Lime Buttercream frosting (below) and sprinkle with additional sea salt and nonpareils, if desired.
- 13FOR THE MANGO LIME BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 14In a mixing bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- 15Add mango purée, lime zest and juice, and honey; mix well.
- 16Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until desired spreading consistency.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Mango Margarita Cupcakes With Sea Salt
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.3
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.8 mg
- Sodium 318.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 41.3 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: