Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. This is a very simple recipe, even the kids can pitch in and help, they'll love you for it, I know my just love doing this with me. Its a great way of spending quality time with your children. ENJOY this time, for life passes by so fast. This are lovely memories they will cherish forever. So go ahead and dig in and have fun, like we do. ENJOY!
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 36 glace cherries, mixed colours
- In a large mixing bowl stir together rolled oats, flaked coconut, chopped walnuts, and flour; set aside.
- In a saucepan combine brown sugar,butter or margarine, and honey,bring mixture to a boil, stirring often.
- Pour over oat mixture, blending well.
- For each cookie, press one level tablespoonful mixture into greased 1 3/4 inch muffin pan. (for flatter, crisper cookie place in 2-inch muffin pan).
- Top each cookie with a candied cherry.
- Bake at 350°F till well browned, 15-20 minutes (depending on the oven).
- Cool 10 minutes in pan; remove to rack and let cool thoroughly.
- Makes about 3 dozen.
Awesome cookies! I've been making this recipe for years and my family & friends LOVES these cookies. =)