Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is a wonderful recipe for the Holiday season. I found this in a regional magazine called "Saltscapes" , wonderful magazine for local cuisine.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup liquid honey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (300 g) bagdry-roasted macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and grease well with butter.
- Combine the sugar, honey and water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Without stirring, Cook until reaches "hard crack", about 300F on a candy thermometer, while occasionally brushing the inside of the pot with cool water. This will take about 7-9 minutes, and the sugar will turn a deep amber color.
- Remove from heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the salt and macadamia nuts. Carefully add butter, baking soda, and vanilla; it will immediately foam. Working quickly, spread brittle onto the prepared baking sheet. Allow to set completely before cracking into pieces.