Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so awesome! So easy, yet tastes really good and has a Carribean/tropical flair! This is something I'd serve to people I really wanted to impress...
- Combine first 5 ingredients in shallow dish or self-closing plastic bag. (I prefer to use a shallow dish so that the honey doesn't stick in one place -- easier to mix I think -- ).
- Add tuna steaks; turn to coat. Refrigerate 20 minutes. Turn occasionally.
- Grill or broil 8 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness (or until fish flakes easily with a fork.)
- NOTE: Baste 1 or 2 times with leftover marinade during cooking.
- Discard leftover marinade.
This is the only way I make tuna! I changed it some because i love honey, I changed the one tablespoon of honey to 5, and since I don't usually have lime juice in the house i skipped that step, and it still tasted GREAT
Oooooh lovely - thank you! This was a really tasty recipe and even with just 20mins marinade time the steaks came out lovely and tender. My other half wont eat fish with any pink bits in it so I have to overcook it, but to be honest it was still excellent - so much more moist than usual. I followed the recipe as stated, except for the old bay spice seasoning (cos I didn't know what it was and by the time I found out it was too late to make any). Also, I baked in the oven at 200c because our grill is busted but, as I say, they came out beautifully. Thanks for a great recipe Stacky5LRC!
Yummy! We did Tuna steaks on the grill and topped with vidalia onion sauce when served.... mmmmmm Great Tuna!