Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
- For muffins, combine oats, yogurt, honey, milk, margarine and lime peel in large bowl; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in egg whites until blended.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Add to oat mixture all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.).
- Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan. Cool 10 minutes.