Recipe by TinTN
This recipe was originally used as a dressing for cedar planked salmon. I decided to use it as a marinade for shrimp. It worked beautifully. Gives the shrimp an excellent flavor. From the Weber's Real Grilling Cookbook
Top Review by Skyqueen82
The whole family enjoyed this recipe. I had let the shrimp marinade for two hours the first time I made it and for about an hour the second time... Both delicious. I used a little sweet onion, as I didn't have the chives, and I added about a 1/2 T more of the lime juice (just to use what I had juiced), but that's definitely something you can adjust per your taste of course. Wonderful!
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients, except oil, in a blender and mix until well blended. With the blender still running, slowly pour in the oil to make a smooth dressing.
- You can also just whisk all ingredients together until well combined.
- Put shrimp in plastic zipper bag, cover with marinade and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place shrimp in a grill wok, or thread onto skewers and grill 5-10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Prep time includes marinade time.