This recipe was originally used as a dressing for cedar planked salmon. I decided to use it as a marinade for shrimp. It worked beautifully. Gives the shrimp an excellent flavor. From the Weber's Real Grilling Cookbook
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Place all ingredients, except oil, in a blender and mix until well blended. With the blender still running, slowly pour in the oil to make a smooth dressing.
- You can also just whisk all ingredients together until well combined.
- Put shrimp in plastic zipper bag, cover with marinade and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place shrimp in a grill wok, or thread onto skewers and grill 5-10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Prep time includes marinade time.