Recipe by DailyInspiration
Another recipe from Cooking Light. Sounds wonderful and is next on my list of grilling recipes.
Top Review by MarraMamba
I ate this delectable dish as a soft taco even with a little sour cream and loved it. So easy to make and fit my partiality to avocados perfectly. I will use the relish on other things like burgers too.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 lbs skirt steaks
For the relish
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine honey, lime juice, soy sauce, parsley and black pepper in a small bowl. Marinate the skirt steak for 1 hour using one-half of the honey mixture. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place steaks on grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let steaks rest 4 minutes before slicing. Pour remaining honey mixture on top of the sliced steak. Serve with Avocado-Tomato relish.
- For relish: In a mixing bowl, gently mix all ingredients together making sure not to overmix. Let sit for 20 minutes before serving. Divide evenly to garnish the Honey-Lime skirt steak.