Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe from Cooking Light. Sounds wonderful and is next on my list of grilling recipes.
Make and share this Honey-Lime Grilled Skirt Steak With Avocado-Tomato Relish recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 lbs skirt steaks
For the relish
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and black pepper
- Combine honey, lime juice, soy sauce, parsley and black pepper in a small bowl. Marinate the skirt steak for 1 hour using one-half of the honey mixture. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place steaks on grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let steaks rest 4 minutes before slicing. Pour remaining honey mixture on top of the sliced steak. Serve with Avocado-Tomato relish.
- For relish: In a mixing bowl, gently mix all ingredients together making sure not to overmix. Let sit for 20 minutes before serving. Divide evenly to garnish the Honey-Lime skirt steak.
I ate this delectable dish as a soft taco even with a little sour cream and loved it. So easy to make and fit my partiality to avocados perfectly. I will use the relish on other things like burgers too.
Gailann's photo drew me to this recipe....just gorgeous! My relish just didn't look like hers, although it tasted fabulous. Think my avocados must have been a bit more rip, as they seemed to coat all the other ingredients of the relish....so maybe you need a pretty firm avocado for photo quality....but for taste....my oh my, my avocado was perfection! The meat turned out very tender and juicy, and I used the cooking times indicated. Loved diner's idea of serving with tortillas.....the meat and relish would work wonderfully for this.
Great flavorful steak!!! I made this as part of our Labor Day weekend BBQ, as DD came home for the long weekend, unexpectedly. I served this sliced on a platter and then had the relish, cheese, sour cream and corn tortillas on the side so others could use what they wanted. This was one of 3 different meats served and it was a hit. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT8.