Prep 50 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious summery salad from the Evil Shenanigans cooking blog. Bursting with flavors from the avocado, mango, lime chicken, black beans, cilantro, sesame oil and jalepeno...ENJOY! Note that prep time includes 30 minutes of marinating time.
For the dressing
- 59.14 ml lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml Dijon mustard
- 78.07 ml honey
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml apple cider vinegar
- 2.46 ml sesame seed oil, toasted
For the chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 59.14 ml ponzu sauce (with limes)
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 9.85 ml sugar
For the salad
- 1419.54 ml romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 59.14 ml onion, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml jalapeno, finely minced
- 59.14 ml cilantro, chopped fine
- 118.29 ml black beans, canned, drained and rinsed
- In a medium bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the salad dressing. Cover and chill for at least an hour.
- In a plastic bag combine the ponzu, lime juice, garlic, and sugar. Add the chicken and allow to marinate at room temperature for thirty minutes.
- Once marinated, grill or broil the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F Cover with foil and allow to rest for ten minutes before slicing into strips.
- In a medium bowl combine the avocado, mango, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro. Mix well.
- To serve place the lettuce on a place, then top with black beans and the avocado mango mixture. Drizzle with dressing then top with some sliced chicken.
I loved this recipe! I had some ciabatta bread so I toasted it and put everything on it as a sandwich and it was excellent. I also added lime zest to the marinade and to the dressing. I loved the combination of flavors. Thanks so much!