Prep 50 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious summery salad from the Evil Shenanigans cooking blog. Bursting with flavors from the avocado, mango, lime chicken, black beans, cilantro, sesame oil and jalepeno...ENJOY! Note that prep time includes 30 minutes of marinating time.
For the dressing
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seed oil, toasted
For the chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1⁄4 cup ponzu sauce (with limes)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
For the salad
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, canned, drained and rinsed
- In a medium bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the salad dressing. Cover and chill for at least an hour.
- In a plastic bag combine the ponzu, lime juice, garlic, and sugar. Add the chicken and allow to marinate at room temperature for thirty minutes.
- Once marinated, grill or broil the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F Cover with foil and allow to rest for ten minutes before slicing into strips.
- In a medium bowl combine the avocado, mango, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro. Mix well.
- To serve place the lettuce on a place, then top with black beans and the avocado mango mixture. Drizzle with dressing then top with some sliced chicken.
I loved this recipe! I had some ciabatta bread so I toasted it and put everything on it as a sandwich and it was excellent. I also added lime zest to the marinade and to the dressing. I loved the combination of flavors. Thanks so much!