Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This recipe came from Weber and the original recipe used Cornish Hens but DH used a fryer that we had in the freezer. We loved the distinctive flavor of the lime and rosemary. If you want to use Cornish Hens you will need two for this recipe.
For the marinade
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) roasting chickens (3 1/2 to 4 1/2 pounds)
- cajun seasoning, such as tony chacherie
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all marinade ingredients, mixing well.
- Remove the giblets from the fryer.
- Rinse the fryer, inside and out, under cold running water.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Using a sharp cleaver or poultry shears split the fryer in half.
- Place the split fryer in a large zippered bag and pour marinade over meat.
- Press the air out of the bag and seal.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the bag from the refrigerator and take the halves out and discard the marinade.
- Season the halves well with Tony Chacherie seasoning.
- Preheat gas grill on high.
- Turn fire down to low and sear skin-side of chicken over low direct heat.
- After seared turn one burner to high and turn the fire off completely on other burner.
- Place halves on the burner with no heat and cook on indirect high heat for 1 1/2 hours (350-375 degrees).