Recipe by kittycatmom
Serve this cold soup as a first course, a light entree, or lunch dish. A great way to use home grown veggies!
Top Review by rpgaymer
A great soup with unique flavors. I love fusion recipes like this: the ginger and honey really perk up what would otherwise be a pretty standard gazpacho. This tasted even better after being chilled in the fridge for a few hours - no need for ice cubes.
- 3 large very ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded, and cut up
- 2 medium cucumbers, seeded and cut up
- 2 medium orange sweet bell pepper, seeded and cut up
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and cut up
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- ice cube
- lime wedges and green onion
- v- 8 juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber, orange sweet peppers, jalapeño, and garlic. In a food processor process mixture, half at a time, with several on/off turns until you have large chunks. Place all of the mixture in the food processor bowl. Add lime juice, honey, cilantro, ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Cover and process with several on/off turns until the mixture is just a little chunky. If desired, season to taste with additional sea salt. Can add a small amount of V-8 juice if your soup is too dry.
- To serve, place 2 to 3 ice cubes in each of four shallow bowls; ladle soup over ice. Serve with lime wedges and green onions.