Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this with dinner tonight, and we all loved it. It has a lovely, perfumy aroma from the honey and fruit, and it tastes delicious. I used cantaloupe, strawberries, kiwifruit, and blueberries this time. You could use precut fruit, too, to save time.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds (optional)
- 4 cups fresh fruit, cut into bite-size pieces (such as melon, kiwifruit, strawberries, etc)
- Combine honey, limeade concentrate, and poppy seeds, if desired, in a medium-size bowl or container.
- Add fruit and toss gently to coat. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
I made this tonight at the last minute for a birthday party. I used green grapes, strawberries and bananas and put it in my trifle bowl. What a hit!! In fact, my brother in law sat at the kitchen counter and ate the last of it just before we left. Halcyon Eve was right - the perfume from this salad is wonderful! It was a huge hit and I'll be sure to add this recipe to my favorites!