Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This lovely light dressing is great over fruit salad or mixed greens. I like to sprinkle my greens with a little sesame seed. You can also add a pinch of cayenne to the dressing for a little heat, or maybe a little ginger depending on your taste.
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (allspice or cardamom work too)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- I like to mix my salad dressings in a glass jar with a lid.
- Combine all ingredients and shake well to combine.
- Shake again before serving.
I used this as posted for a green salad and thought it was great. I loved the lime flavour with the cinnamon. Very unique and good. Kind of takes people by surprise. Not often do you get lime in a salad dressing!! Thank you Kozmic Blues.
Used this to dress a melon salad but omitted the paprika and added the ginger as per Becky's suggestion. For fruit salad, I don't think the oil is necessary, but just a bit of sugar is.
That made our entire BBQ Roast Chicken dinner last night. Yum.