Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 2 whole chicken breasts, split
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- lime zest
- 3 cups brown rice
- Drain pineapple, reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Rub chicken with garlic, sprinkle with salt. Broil or gill chicken until cooked. Combine reserved pineapple juice, honey, lime juice, soy sauce and cornstarch in saucepan. Cook, stirring, until thickened. Add pineapple to sauce. Cook until heated.
- To Serve Immediately:.
- Spoon sauce and pineapple over chicken, sprinkle with lime peel. Serve with rice.
- To Freeze: Place Chicken and all sauce in a gallon zippy, label and freeze.
- To Serve: Thaw. Cook up rice about 4 servings. Place rice in a baking dish. Pour chicken and sauce over rice. Arrange Pineapple to look pretty. Bake covered for about 30 min until all warm.