Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
I found this in Healthy Cooking magazine.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large resealable bag, combine the wine or chicken broth, honey, lime juice and ginger and the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Combine the garlic powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle on the chicken.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- You could also bake this in the oven at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
I love the delicate sweetness in this! I didn't really notice much of the lime, ginger, or garlic flavors at all, so I will double those next time. With more spice, this will be perfect. Thanks for sharing-
The lime flavor in the marinade is wonderful in this recipe! I used thinly sliced chicken breast "cutlets", so I did reduce my grilling time. Made for a fabulously quick meal and a delicious one too. Next time I'll add a bit more seasoning before grilling the chicken.....I like it a bit spicier. Can't wait to have a yummy sandwich tomorrow at lunch with my leftovers! Thanks for sharing. Made for 123 Hits tag game.
What a lovely flavor this chicken had nemokitty. I marinaded the thick breasts for 2 hours and baked in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes. They were lovely, tender and juicy, with a really nice subtle flavor. Thanks for sharing a recipe that was quick and easy to make. I will try these on the grill next time, can't wait.