Recipe by Maryland Jim
I got this recipe from a Church Fund Raising Cookbook from my sister's church. I made it as directed and my son and his girl friend couldn't stop raving about it. Note: I served this over brown rice.
Top Review by KissKiss
I liked this a lot, but it just needs... something. Red pepper? Scallions? Something with a little kick. I'll will make this again but add something of my own. Made this with Recipe #302136 and Recipe #362340 for ZWT5 Jammin Java Jivers. Thanks for posting!
- 20 ounces pineapple slices
- 2 whole chicken breasts, split
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 limes, zest of, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserve 2 tablespoons of the juice.
- Rub chicken with garlic, sprinkle with salt.
- Broil or cook chicken until cooked through. (I broiled my chicken.).
- Combine reserved pineapple juice, honey, soy sauce and cornstarch in saucepan.
- Cook, stirring until thickened. Add pineapple to sauce and heat through.
- Place pineapple slices on chicken and spoon sauce over chicken and pineapple. Sprinkle with lime peel.