Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a Church Fund Raising Cookbook from my sister's church. I made it as directed and my son and his girl friend couldn't stop raving about it. Note: I served this over brown rice.
- Drain pineapple, reserve 2 tablespoons of the juice.
- Rub chicken with garlic, sprinkle with salt.
- Broil or cook chicken until cooked through. (I broiled my chicken.).
- Combine reserved pineapple juice, honey, soy sauce and cornstarch in saucepan.
- Cook, stirring until thickened. Add pineapple to sauce and heat through.
- Place pineapple slices on chicken and spoon sauce over chicken and pineapple. Sprinkle with lime peel.
I liked this a lot, but it just needs... something. Red pepper? Scallions? Something with a little kick. I'll will make this again but add something of my own. Made this with Island Rice and Bananas With Coconut Milk (Gluten Free) for ZWT5 Jammin Java Jivers. Thanks for posting!
We had different reviews on this dish- mainly because my fiance didn't like the lime. If the lime was replaced with something else- like lemon or cranberry- it wouldn't have a "little" tart taste. On the other hand- I really enjoyed this. I had to use tenderloins as I was out of breasts but they came out SO TENDER.Thanks! Made for ZWT5 for The Groovy Gastrognomes.
This came out great, like podapo my DH isn't a huge fan of chicken so predictably he liked it less, but the sauce was a good mix with the lime being essentual to cut and balance the sweetness of the pineapple. I did up the garlic to 3 cloves since we adore the stuff. Please see my rating system: a lovely 4 stars for an easy and tasty recipe. Thanks !