Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
something i want to try in the future didn't want to lose it.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 kg piece pork neck (scotch)
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 whole star anise
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketjap manis
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- steamed rice and choy sum, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Heat oil in a flameproof baking dish over medium-high heat. Add pork. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add ginger, garlic, star anise, soy sauce, kecap manis, honey, lime juice and 3/4 cup cold water. Turn pork to coat. Transfer to oven. Bake, turning every 30 minutes, for 2 hours or until cooked to your liking. Remove from oven.
- Transfer pork to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Strain cooking liquid into a saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened. Slice pork. Divide between plates. Top with sauce. Serve with rice and choy sum.