Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb asparagus, peeled,trimmed,and halved lengthwise if very thick
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus
- 1 lime, zest of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, lightly toast the pine nuts over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lime zest, oil, honey, and salt until smooth.
- Add the asparagus and toss well.
- Top with the goat cheese and toasted pine nuts before serving.
Perfect, lovely, devilishly delicious. I love the sweetness of the honey with the tartness of the lime. (The zest really makes the dressing come alive!) I wasn't sure whether to serve it hot or cold- so I opted for cold.... OMG, delicious!!!!! Thanks so much for an incredible way to jazz up a regular ol' favorite vegetable. Yum!
I just made this and WOW is it good! The lime flavor with the goat cheese, the flavor combo is just amazing! I had cut the recipe out of a magazine, and can't remember which one - so I'm glad I did a search before entering it :) Try it you will LOVE IT! I will make this again and again and again...