Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Golden, refreshing drink for hot summer days and also use of honey makes it healthy.
- 4 cups water
- 4 large lemons
- 4 tablespoons honey (or to taste, I don't use too much sweetener, preferring a tangy drink)
- (This makes fairly concentrated lemonade; if you want more dilute lemonade use 1/2 or 3/4 of the amount of lemon and honey used, in proportion to the water i. e. 3 lemons and 3 tablespoons of honey to 4 cups of water. If the proportion of lemon to water or).
- Place the water in a jug.
- Squeeze juice from lemons into water and add honey.
- Mix all three ingredients together thoroughly and chill before serving (if not using cold water already).
This is nice and I like that it uses no sugar, but to kick it up to 5 stars in taste I added a dash of orange blossom water to my serving which is really good.
A lovely flavour and we really enjoyed this variation on lemonade. I would recommend adding a little hot water to the honey to soften it slightly before adding to the lemonade, to save some stirring! Thanks Goldcrest!
This is very refreshing and we loved it today with our lunch! Worked in the garden and it was just the thing to soothe our dry throats! Yummy I did add a tad of sugar...guilty..but the honey didn't melt as easily as I hoped, so in went a tad of sugar! The flavor was incredibly good! Jelly :)