Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup crystallised lemon, rind of, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, prepare pans.
- Sift dried milk, flour, baking powder& salt, add lemon peel.
- Measure honey into small bowl then add hot water, mix to melt the honey (or melt in microwave).
- Beat egg, add honey& water& melted butter.
- Stir the dry mix into the wet mix until just combined.
- Spoon into pans& bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
Ohhhh, divine! I scaled down to 6 muffins and omitted the egg. We don't get crystallised lemon rind here, so I substituted with 2 tablespoons of sweetened lemon juice concentrate. I was afraid it might turn out too sweet, but it was perfect! These muffins were done in exactly 10 minutes and they all had beautiful golden tops! The milk powder gives it a slightly chewy texture which is wonderfully different. Dancer, I'm beginning to love all your recipes! Thanks so much for this one!
these came out really great! i didn't have crystalized lemon so i used a microplane and zested some meyer lemons. i also subbed part of the water for the meyer lemon juice to give it that extra little zing. the texture was light & fluffy and i wanted to eat about 4 more!
Very, very good. Indeed in ten minutes they were done, beautiful golden, could hardly wait until they had cooled down, they smelled so good. Had never used powdered milk in this way, good texture. Will certainly make them again. Thanks for posting.