Recipe by SarasotaCook
Ok, I love homemade ice cream. But due to space ... my ice cream maker is in my POD (storage unit). So I love unique ice creams. I love chocolate with kahula, macadamia nuts and chocolate cookies. Almond cookies mixed with fresh peaches and almonds and Peach liquor is amazing and a almond extract takes it over the top. Chocolate ice cream with mint cookies, walnuts and creme de menthe is heaven. Not having an ice cream maker I try to come up with unique ice creams by using good ol' vanilla or chocolate and adding my touches. I bring to room temp or let is soften to a workable mixture and then add flavors. They can be cookies, herbs, flavors, liquors and then refreeze. This is a favorite ...
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 4 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons edible dried lavender flowers
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Ice Cream -- in a large bowl let the ice cream come to room temp or workable. Add the flavors and mix well. Cover and refreeze.
- That's it. This is so subtle but so good. Serve this with some fresh ginger snaps from your bakery. Easy and simple. Gourmet ice cream that took just a few minutes to make.