Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this out of Southern Living magazine and every recipe I have ever got from them has been excellent. I have not tried this one yet but I am sure it is delicious!!! I have the lemons bought so I will make it sometime this week. And the best thing about it, there are only 3 ingredients.....YIPPPEEE!!
- Grate rind from enough lemon to measure 4 teaspoons, set aside.
- Squeeze juice from enough lemons to measure 3/4 cup, pour lemon through a wire mesh strainer, discarding seeds and pulp.
- Combine rind, juice, and honey in a 6 quart saucepan, stirring well.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in pectin. Return mixture to a rolling boil and boil constantly for 1 minute. Remove from heat and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Pour jelly into hot and sterilized jars, filling to 1/4 inch from top and wipe jar rims well. Cover with metal lids and screw on bands. Process jars in boiling water bath for 5 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- Makes 4 half pints.
I also used bottled lemon juice, and a box of powdered pectin. Everybody really liked it. I drizzled some into my tea this afternoon and it was really yummy! I made 2 batches, and got 6-4oz jars, and 2 pints. Very easy, will be making this again.
I made this, but did not have the fresh stuff. I used lemon juice that I keep in the frig. and used lemon peel. All my friends loved it. I will use it again. I am looking for more jelly/jam recipes made w/honey. This was so easy to make. Thank you for posting it.
This is so good on biscuits it sets well the sad thing is I only got 5-4oz jars and they are all gone already. But this is something you can make any time of year. It is one of the more expensive jams I made this year but well worth it.