Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A contest winner from Taste of Home. States, "When I told our 12-year-old daughter, Amanda, That we were grilling chicken, she asked to make a marinade. Now we use her combination of honey, lemon, garlic and seasonings every time we grill chicken. —Tamara McFarlin Mondovi, Wisconsin."
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken, seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once and basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Our chicken cooked up beautifully, though the marinade appeared charred from the grill. Had a lovely flavour and the chicken inside was beautifully tender and moist. Prepared the marinade in the morning and allow to marinade all day in the fridge. Photo also to be posted. Made for ZWT8
Great marinade! I can only imagine this is amazing on the grill; we got rid of our old grill before we moved and have not bought a new one yet so I had to saut? the chicken on the stovetop. Was not too sweet or to bitter/sour from the lemon juice and soy sauce. Will make again when we get a grill! Made for ZWT8.
I found this in my TOH Backyard Grilling book so tried it today. I had not read the reviews here but now that I have I find it quite funny because a few people thought there wasn't enough honey and we thought there was too much making the chicken too sweet. Just goes to show you that we all have different tastes. I actually cooked my chicken in the slow cooker for about 2 hours just to get it started, then finished on the grill. All in all, a good recipe that I will make again. Thanks for posting.