Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very filling meal
Make and share this Honey-Lemon Chick Thighs and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet with lid, heat olive oil and brown chicken.
- Remove the thighs after they are browned and add onion, sauté until softened.
- Add parsley, pepper, broth, water, rice and honey, stir.
- Add chicken on top, cover.
- Simmer on medium heat for about 15-20 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce is absorbed.
- serve. add desired soy sauce to top as desired.
This makes a really nice chicken and rice dish. I always enjoy boneless chicken thighs because they are so flavorful. I did serve this dish along with soy sauce, but the grandkids preferred it just the way it was. Made for PRMR, November, 2013.
We are somewhere between a 3 and a 4 on this. Mr Grumpy was not a fan. I loved the simplicity - easy to do on a weeknight if your chicken is fresh or thawed. I used thighs and drumsticks. I think I would stir in some mixed vegetables with the rice, just to add a little color and nutrition into the final dish . I used regular rice (I don't like the instant) and it cooked in about the same amount of time. Thanks for something that is a reliable and easy recipe that I can build upon.