Recipe by Tebo
This is a very unique but tasty way to prepare beets. Adds nice colour to any dish it is served with. Low cal and low fat too!!
- 8 small beets (about 2 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beets in large pot of salted water for about 40 minutes until tender.
- Cool, skin, cut in half and then into wedges.
- Melt butter over med heat in a skillet.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, about 8 minutes until tender.
- Stir in honey, lemon juice, nutmeg, s& P.
- Add beets, stirring to coat and cook 5 minutes until glazed.