1/2 Photos of Honey Lemon Beets
This is a very unique but tasty way to prepare beets. Adds nice colour to any dish it is served with. Low cal and low fat too!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook beets in large pot of salted water for about 40 minutes until tender.
- 2Cool, skin, cut in half and then into wedges.
- 3Melt butter over med heat in a skillet.
- 4Add onion and cook, stirring, about 8 minutes until tender.
- 5Stir in honey, lemon juice, nutmeg, s& P.
- 6Add beets, stirring to coat and cook 5 minutes until glazed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Lemon Beets
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 98.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g