1/2 Photos of Honey Lemon Apple Jam
Found when I went searching for ways to use up my over abundance of apples. From foodinjars.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare your canning pot, as well as seven pint jars, lids and rings.
- 2Combine the chopped apples and lemon juice in a large, heavy-bottomed pot (an enameled Dutch oven works well here) and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the apples have broken down.
- 3When you’ve got a nice, chunky applesauce, add the honey and sugar and stir to incorporate.
- 4Bring the fruit to a boil and cook for at least five minutes at a roll (watch out though, it will bubble and depending on the size of your pot, can get a little splashy).
- 5Add pectin and boil for a few minutes more, to active the pectin. When it seems nice and jammy, turn off the heat and stir in the lemon zest.
- 6Fill jars, wipe rims (this jam is sticky, so you may need to add a bit of white vinegar to your towel, to help ensure a clean rim), apply lids and screw on bands.
- 7Process in a boiling water canner for ten minutes (if you are above 1,000 feet in altitude, adjust your processing time accordingly).
- 8Eat on toast, spoon on muffins or use to glaze roasted chicken pieces.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Lemon Apple Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2924 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1422.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 372.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 358.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: