Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A sweet old-fashioned favourite. Kids always love these and they are great for children's parties. They are very easy to make- get the kids to help!
- 90 g butter (3 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar, this is 65grams (superfine sugar)
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 cups corn flakes, ensure gluten free if following a gluten-free diet
- Preheat oven to 150°C ( 300°F ) Prepare patty/cupcake pans with paper cases.
- Heat buter, sugar and the honey until frothy. You can use a saucepan or the microwave for this step. This will form a soft toffee.
- Add cornflakes and mix until well combined.
- Spoon into patty cases and bake for 5-10 minutes. Be careful not to burn them.
- The Honey Joys will set as they cool. The amount you make will depend on the size of the patty cases used. For children it is better to make smaller sized in preference to large.
- Store in an airtight container.
mm delicous theres were great!! and only took me around 5 minutes. great snack and also uses things that most households would have so there was no need to go shopping for ingredients. i have had these before and i like your recipe more than the ones i had had.well keep up the good work thanku!!
Oh, the childhood memories these brought back! I called these "Crunchy Munchy Honey Cakes" for my 2 boys (as in the Wiggles song). Very quick and easy when you need something in a hurry, especially when the ingredients are permanently in my pantry. I got 2 dozen small ones out of this recipe.
My son (5 years-old) and I really had fun making these. We did substitute Raisin Bran for corn flakes, because that's all we had. I can't imagine it changed the taste much and my boys thought they were delicious! So easy! Thank you for sharing this old-fashioned treat! Be sure to press the mixture down a bit after taking them out of the oven, that way they will hold their shape. Also, be sure to completely cool!