Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I love sweet and spicey. You can double this recipe easily. I love this and have used it on shrimp also.
Top Review by Chef*Lee
Outstanding!!! The jalapeno reduction on this is amazing!! The glaze turns the jalapenos into jalapeno-candy! I used lime juice in this and it really stood out in the glaze and made it sing!! I used a thick, raw honey in my glaze too. I had some really thick salmon filets so I lost count of how long I broiled these because I prepared them different "donenesses" for different people. You have to watch this if you have it close to the broiler because the honey glaze can burn. I absolutely loved this recipe and I had a salmon hater convert to liking salmon because of it so it's really excellent!!! Thanks so much for posting!!!
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, stemmed and sliced
- 2 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine honey, lemon juice and jalapeno in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse salmon and pat dry. Brush lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil for about 5 minutes per side over medium heat, brushing with half the honey mixture. When salmon is cooked to your liking, remove from grill or broiler and drizzle with remaining glaze.