Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
Excerpted from The Farm: Rustic Recipes for a Year of Incredible Food by Ian Knauer.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs chicken tenders
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- sour cream, for serving
- Whisk together the honey, soy sauce, oil, garlic, jalapenos, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Toss the chicken in the marinade and let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Grill the chicken until well browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Serve the chicken sprinkled with the cilantro and with a dollop of sour cream on the plate.