Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very tasty bread. We use it for toast and sandwiches. It is always requested by my family for functions. I got the recipe several years ago on the internet. Sorry I can't remember who from. I sure would like to give them credit. The prep. time includes time to rise.
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
- Put these ingredients in your bread machine as your model of machine calls for, and let the machine do the work to mix.
- I let it rise once then take it out and knead a little on the cutting board.
- Put in greased loaf pan to raise again.
- When raised as much as you want, put in 325 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until center is 190°.
- Let Cool.
INCREDIBLE!!! For the flour, I used about 3/4 c. white and the rest freshly ground whole wheat flour. I also added a little extra honey (about 1/2 tbs or a little less.) I'm usually a failure when it comes to making the perfect bread - THIS turned out perfect (and the work was minimal in contrast to the other bread recipes I've tried.) Thank you for sharing this recipe, it's nice to feel victorious in the realm of home made bread!! :)
Very tasty and turned out great. It also lasted a few days longer than some other recipes. Will be making again!
Yummy bread. Made it in my bread machine with on the basic/light setting. Used non-bread flour and 1 cup wheat, had to use 2/3 honey and the rest a honey syrup and it was still amazing. Will definitely be making this again.