Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The name of this recipe first caught my attention, and after further investigation I found that it looks really yummy! I can't wait to try it. I found this recipe on The Today Show website.
- 4 peeled apples, soaked in lemon water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter (or soy margarine to make it dairy-free)
- 1 cup honey
- 2 cups apple juice
- fresh strawberries
- fresh raspberry
- Combine ingredients and pour over apples.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Finish with fresh strawberries and raspberries.
This had a good flavor. The mixture made a lot of liquid and the apples actually were almost covered with in juice. I cored them as I would do with a baked apple, though the recipe did not say to. After an hour they were still fairly crisp, so I cut them into slices and submerged them in the liquid to cook for about 15 more minutes. They were much softer then and made a nice breakfast.