Recipe by whitan
A co-worker brought this dish to share at lunch one day. The vibrancy of the lemongrass pesto, succulence of the tender curled shrimp, and the al dente fresh pasta made this a lunch to remember. This dish is just beautiful to share with someone you love, thus I've called it Honey-I-Love-You...Pasta. Serve with a crusty French bread and garlic butter or olive oil. I've found lemongrass pesto recipes online, but haven't made any. I usually buy from a local specialty store or online. Warms up well in the microwave. Haven't tried freezing.
- 3⁄4 cup lemongrass pesto sauce (buy pre-made or make your own)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil linguini, drain and keep warm.
- Peel and clean shrimp. (Remove tails).
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in butter until soft.
- Mix in the lemongrass pesto, cream, and parmesan cheese until well combined and bubbling.
- Add the shrimp; cook until just done. Do not overcook.
- Pour the mixture over the warm linguini and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro, to add color.