1/5 Photos of Honey Hush Cornbread
Straight from the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que and Biker Bar in Syracuse, NY. Not like any cornbread I have ever had - this is so sweet. I usually use a lot more honey than the recipe calls for but, you decide
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven at 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan with shortening. Pop the pan in the oven to heat while you're mixing up the cornbread.
- 2Mix the cornmeal, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter.
- 3Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and give them a good stir, just until everything is moistened.
- 4Pull the hot greased pan from the oven and pour in the batter.
- 5Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 6Take the cornbread out of the oven and brush the top with honey.
- 7Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Hush Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.2
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.5 mg
- Sodium 400.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g