- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 5 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (like Frank's or Tabasco brands)
- fresh lemon juice (about 1 teaspoon or to taste) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat the chicken dry. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and using a mallet or a skillet, flatten each piece to an even thickness, between 1/4 and 1/2 inch. Season pieces on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook, turning as necessary, until cooked through, about 5 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine honey, pepper sauce and lemon juice, if using. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board and thinly slice each breast. Arrange the slices on individual plates and either drizzle with the sauce or serve sauce on the side for dipping.