Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
For a very Blusterous day outside (adapted from from The Pooh Cook Book)
Make and share this Honey Hot Chocolate recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup water, boiling
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups half-and-half
- In a sauce pan, stir together and heat over medium heat first three ingredients until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in milk and then honey (taste and add extra honey if desired)
- Stir and heat to desired warmth. DO NOT BOIL.
- Pur into mugs.
- optional: sprinkle with a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Very intense, rich flavor -- and I didn't even use the half and half! I'm allergic to most dairy, so I used rice milk instead. Fantastic! Such a simple recipe, but so good. I'll make this again, for sure. Thanks for sharing it!
Excellent! We make lots of hot cocoa and everyone loved this!Half and half makes this super creamy but am sure it would be great with milk, too. Loved the hint of honey. I use Penzey's natural process cocoa which is darker than regular grocery store cocoa, and it was super chocolatey. Thanks for sharing!
Easy to make and yummy with the honey! I used whole milk instead of half and half(used what I had). Thank you LizAnn!