Recipe by LizAnn
For a very Blusterous day outside (adapted from from The Pooh Cook Book)
Top Review by Lynne the Pirate Queen
Very intense, rich flavor -- and I didn't even use the half and half! I'm allergic to most dairy, so I used rice milk instead. Fantastic! Such a simple recipe, but so good. I'll make this again, for sure. Thanks for sharing it!
- 1⁄3 cup water, boiling
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pan, stir together and heat over medium heat first three ingredients until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in milk and then honey (taste and add extra honey if desired)
- Stir and heat to desired warmth. DO NOT BOIL.
- Pur into mugs.
- optional: sprinkle with a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg.