Recipe by LoriInIndiana
I cut this one out of the local paper a long while back. It is a fun change of pace kind of thing that I like to make. All the boys at my house like it and I hope you will too!
Top Review by Susie D
I used my favorite pizza dough recipe and added mozzarella cheese before baking. After it came out of the oven I added the bleu cheese and the celery. We really enjoyed this pizza a lot and will make again. Thank you for sharing you recipe!!! — May 17, 2006
- 3⁄4 cup crushed tomatoes, thick puree
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) package prepared pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces blue cheese, finely crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine crushed tomatoes with honey, garlic, oregano, and hot sauce.
- Simmer over low heat for five minutes.
- Mix 1/4 cup of tomato mixture with the chicken and reserve.
- Shape pizza dough according to package directions for a thin crust pizza.
- Brush pizza shell with the olive oil.
- Spread remaining sauce over dough.
- Scatter chicken over the sauce.
- Bake at 500 F until lightly browned, about ten minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle pizza with cheese and celery.
- Cut into wedges and serve.