Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use as basting sauce for beef or chicken
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine, dry
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine all the ingredients in a nonreactive bowl or blender.
This was tasty and simple to make. I used Trader Joe's reduced sodium soy sauce but made no other changes. Next time I'll increase the red pepper flakes to 1 teaspoon. I used it for sauteed veggies and chicken but suspect it may be even more flavorful on steamed veggies, which I'll try next time. Thanks for the recipe!