Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a natural beauty product that is easy to make. You can find beeswax at a natural food and health store. instead of melting in a heatproof glass you may also do this in a double boiler. Cook time is an estimate...
- Combine herbs in cleal bowl& and pour 1/2 cup boiling water over herbs; steep 10 mins.
- Strain through very fine sieve, collecting liquid in clean bowl.
- Cool; discard herbs.
- Melt beeswax& lanolin in heatproof glass in simmering water.
- Add wheat germ oil, while stirring.
- Add herbal infusion by teaspoonful and stir until well blended.
- Remove glass from water.
- Add honey to tepid cream and carefully stir til blended.
- Cool completely.
- Stir cream thoroughly and transfer to clean containers with tight fitting lids.
- Store up to 3 months.
Very nice! I made this to give as Christmas gifts. Very creamy. I have a couple problems however- I think that the sheepy smell of the lanolin dominates a bit too much... perhaps a smaller quanity could be used or a stronger herb infusion? The biggest problem was that I had to whisk the cream to make it an emulsion, rather than just a layer of water and a layer of oil and this is not mentioned at all in the recipe. We whisked it until it was mostly cool (in a pan of cold water) and it worked out fine. Followed the recipe exactly, but subsituting apricot oil instead of wheat germ oil. Overall, a nice recipe- just think it needs a little tweaking.
OOHHHH Sooo Smooooth and creamy!! I wish I had a tub full to soak in it! I doubled this so I can give little jars as Christmas gifts. I used fresh herbs which I used 4 times the amount and used rose water for the water. And replaced the wheat gream oil for avocado oil. This is a recipe to be played with! I can`t wait to try different herbs.