A definite recipe to try..easy and yummy!
Make and share this Honey-Herb Chicken & Spinach Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Mix dressing, honey, juice and basil.
- Reserve 1/2 cup dressing mixture.
- Place chicken on greased rack of broiler pan.
- Brush with 1/2 of the remaining dressing mixture.
- Broil 10 minutes.
- Turn; brush with remaining dressing mixture.
- Broil an additional 7 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces; keep warm.
- Toss spinach, mushrooms and cashews; top with chicken.
- Drizzle with reserved 1/2 cup dressing mixture.
- Garnish with red onion rings.
- Serve immediately.
- Honey-Herb Chicken Sandwich:.
- Omit spinach and mushrooms.
- Broil chicken breasts as directed.
- Do not cut up.
- Serve in split sandwich rolls with remaining dressing mixture.
DH made this last night with only 2 breasts and did use mayonaise for the miracle whip as we don't keep miracle whip in the house. Only thing he added was a healthy sprinkling of salt & pepper. Very good salad and love the crunch of the cashews. Even the dog enjoyed some of the salad without the dressing on it. I know, I know, I shouldn't give the doggie table food, but he was giving the sad puppy look.:) This is definately a keeper once zaar lets me add it to the cookbook.
We loved this salad. At first I thought it might be a bit dull( but that is because often I add bacon to a spinach salad).Liked the subtle honey flavour and the crunch of the cashews. I had to substitute mayonaise for the miracle whip since I cannot buy that in The Netherlands.
This was SO GOOD! The only change I made was to use only 2 breasts(one for the salad and 1 for the sandwich the next day for lunch) instead of 4 because I am not a big meat eater. I chicken was so tender and the honey gave it a perfect touch of sweetness. I will be making this recipe again, thanks for posting!