1/5 Photos of Honey Hazelnut Spread (The Anti-Nutella)
Chef Kate's Note:
I know people wax poetic over Nutella (I don't mind it myself) but, for me, this extraordinarily simple spread (Confit de miel et noisettes) on a piece of toast is heaven. It will keep indefinitely in an air-tight jar in the fridge but, trust me, it won't last that long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast about 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3Remove nuts from oven and place in a tea towel.
- 4Rub the hazelnuts in the towel to remove their skins.
- 5Place the hazelnuts in a food processor and puree.
- 6When the puree is smooth and almost oily, add the honey and pulse until thoroughly combined.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Hazelnut Spread (The Anti-Nutella)
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.3
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g